Destination Staff - Trip Leader - B.C.
S-Trip! is one of Canada’s most dynamic youth travel companies that organizes unique and innovative trips to destinations across the world. We provide life-changing programs to over 25,000 students annually in over 40 destinations. Whether it's helping grads celebrate the end of an era, taking a ski getaway to a premier resort, making a difference through volunteering in an underprivileged international community, or venturing off to Europe for an educational experience, S-Trip! ensures students have the time of their lives by building its reputation on safety and industry-leading customer service.
What’s in it for you?
The recruitment process is very demanding due to our wanting to recruit the best candidates. But once you've succeeded you will find that working for S-Trip! has many benefits.
- Cost of travel and accommodations are covered.
- Reference letter will be provided upon request.
- Great for resume experience, handling large groups/ youth.
- Get your foot in the door for future full-time employment opportunities within S-Trip!
- Being paid to travel to exotic destinations.
- Explore various cultures from around the world.
- Good for developing organisational, interpersonal and leadership skills.
- Never a dull moment and always a new challenge!
You will be the Heart & Soul of our Destination team! Trip Leaders are the first point of contact between our passengers and S-Trip! on travel days, and will act as main point of contact whenever our passengers have questions and/or concerns. Most importantly making sure our passengers are having a #TripofaLifetime.
- Escorting groups from their point of origin to their final destination.
- Assisting with all activities, shuttles, and events while on destination.
- Provide area information as well as safety and activity briefings for all passengers
- Helping to ensure a safe and enjoyable environment for all passengers trip.
- Leadership experience is an asset!!! (Frosh/Orientation Leader, Residence Advisor, Coaching and Camp Counsellor experience are all suitable forms of relevant leadership experience)
Skills, Experience, and Education Requirements:
- Ideally have experience working with youth in a leadership role. (Frosh/Orientation Leader, Residence Advisor, Coaching and Camp Counsellor experience are all suitable forms of relevant leadership experience)
- Attendance at our mandatory pre-trip training session.
- Completed or pursuing College or University Degree.
- Must be able to commit to pre-trip and out-going training throughout the year.
- Must be comfortable working long hours and evening shifts supervising the students on destination.
- Valid passport.
- Outgoing and positive.
- Fluent in French and Spanish is an asset.
When selected to be a part of the Destination Staff team, the successful candidates will be required to do a training session. This training will provide valuable information to ensure that our Destination Staff have a safe trip with their groups from start to finish. This training will cover topics such as emergency protocols and specific roles involved in being Destination Staff. At the end of the training session, a test will be issued, based on the provided manual. Successful candidates that pass the test become Certified Destination Staff for 1 year upon the date the test is completed. This certification allows for continuing Destination Staff to work with S-Trip! again without having to repeat a full training session until their certification expires. This training session will take place at different times and locations during the year.
- This is a part-time contract position.
- Your compensation will depend on the duration of the trip.